Your Headshot Says A Lot About You – So Put Your Best Face Forward
Whether we come to you or you come to us there are some preparations that can make the difference with your headshot or corporate portraits. So here are some tips to make your session successful.
1. Hair and makeup are important considerations and preparing for a headshot or photo shoot is a bit different to every day. Applying more makeup than usual is common for women and using a matt foundation is preferable to reduce any unattractive highlights. We can arrange a stylist for you if requested.
2. What you wear is what you will project. If your team is being photographed together it is best to choose a theme colour and style. colours Non matching looks amongst your team can make it look disconnected and not cohesive. Dress in the style that your clients expect to see you in, an executive will look best in a suit and tie just like a trade’s person will look more professional in their appropriate work clothes.
3. The background of your photos needs consideration. Discuss this with your photographer as they will have a few suggestions for different scenarios. Plain white backgrounds are timeless and sharp. They can be easily updated for all new staff over a long period of time. Real life work environments will help project your surrounds and raise your client’s confidence in your team. Most important is to try and keep a consistent style of image throughout your business.
4. Let your photographer know what the images will be used for and show examples from previous shoots or of your competitors that you would like to either match or resemble. This might mean talking with your graphic designer or website developer so that expectations from everyone can be met.
4. Give everyone plenty of notice to everyone and ensure they have no commitments out of the office at the time of the shoot if there is to be a group photo.
5. If you are still unsure of what to do, call your photographer and they will be able to take you through all the different options and help you make the right decision for your professional photo session.
To discuss your photography needs please contact us on 0414 645 075 or send an email with your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org